Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finding the "Blog This" tool bar mentioned in Blogging Thoughts

I was intrigued to find the 'Blog This' function for my browser that was mentioned by Mortensen and Walker in their article Blogging Thoughts: personal publication as an online research tool (2002). The function apparently allows a blogger to comment or link straight to a webpage that they have found online instantly on their blog. This tool was used substantially by the above mentioned bloggers in their research practice and as such I was attempting to find it so I could utilise this method also and track my online research directly as blog posts. Finally I found this google tool bar that is now called "Sidewiki" and seemingly allows the same functions as labelled "Blog This" way back then in 2002. I have installed the tool bar now and will attempt to weave my way through the tool bar and hopefully start adding posts to each new research source I find online, in relation to my assignment which is discussing the paper Blogging Thoughts. So watch this space for all the exciting online research I find in relation to this examination of blogs as research tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment