Friday, October 23, 2009

Technorati

Technorati
Well Jill Walker mentioned this site in her blog and so here I am linking it in my research blog. This site is a search engine for blogs so you can search under topic and find endless amounts of blogs relevant to your chosen field. There are also items like "blog of the day", tips to blogging and survey information about blogs.

As this blog site, is a research forum for examining blogs being "densley interlinked" and blogs as research tools and reflections (Mortensen and Walker."Blogging Thought: Personal Publication as an Online Research Tool." Researching ICT's in Context. Ed. Andrew Morrison. Oslo: University of Oslo, 2002. 249-79. p259), this is clearly the case with my experiment in examing this reading through conducting online research and publishing it in the first instance on a research blog and then linking to that blog from my website.

The comment that "links are like roots, tendrils, reaching out between fragments, creating a context for bits and pieces that at first glance may seem to be unconnected fragments" is also evident once you start researching a topic online and through blogs. As with the above link, that I discovered on Jill Walker's blog, which I found from the above-mentioned reading, but I then navigated to another blog from the comments section on Jill Walker's blog, which ended up referencing her video on blogging 'Blogging as learning', which took me back to her blog and the video, which I watched and then below the video was a list of tips and references for blogging, which mentioned the blog search engine site Technorati, which is where I went to and then via Google's sidewiki tool bar, I published this post with the link to Technorati automatically placed into the Blog.

Now I have discovered this I will now face the challenge of how many more blogs I can read before I start publishing my research onto my website before Monday morning! The "roots" are growing much further than I first anticipated and I may need to obtain some form of online 'round-up' product to cease the blog tendrils at this point and publish my website before I am eaten up by research blogs from every direction in my fragmented online existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment